Monday 10 July 2017

Time drags...

I had an even longer day ahead of me today - as there was just James and I working I had to stay until the bitter end, which was 7pm. Thankfully I have tomorrow off!

I had to do a long route for deliveries today and drove off to my first in Long Buckby at 10.30am. I then went to Crick, to an absolutely beautiful house, before driving along the A5 to Flore. The weather today has been cloudy but still quite warm and rain is forecast for tomorrow. Typical!

I had a delivery to do in town and then it was onto my last drop in Wellingborough before heading back to the shop for about 1pm. James had been quiet and although we had a few people in in the afternoon, the time did drag badly between 3pm and 7pm. However, just before we closed we had to rush around changing the prices of our Italian wines as they are on special offer this week!

On the way home I picked up Mike from Moulton and we headed home. By the time we got in, it was past 7.30pm and I just had time for a quick glass of wine before we ate dinner. I really would not want to do this every day (I used to when we ran the business!) as half the evening had been lost! Roll on tomorrow!

No comments: