Monday 24 July 2017

A tour of the county!

We awoke this morning to rain but thankfully by the time I'd got to work it was dry and cloudy. I had a lot of deliveries to do today and I also had to go to the bank and fill up with diesel so I left just after 10am.

My first delivery was in the beautiful village of Coton and then it was off to Whilton (never been there before!) and then back to a pub in Kingsthorpe. One advantage of doing this job is travelling on roads I've never been on before and exploring my county!

At the pub I had a fair trek to where the wine needed to go so that kept me busy! My next three deliveries were all nearby to residential houses and my last trip was over to another gorgeous village - Hinwick. Years ago there was a fantastic restaurant here called The Flemish House where I went with Keith for a company dinner. Driving through the village I tried to spot where it was but couldn't. It was a long time ago and very dark when we went!

A charming elderly man opened the gate for me when I arrived so I could turn the van around, and then it was to the shop and some lunch. Phew! I had been out for four hours!

The afternoon was spent putting wine away and we cleared a pallet and a half. By 7pm I was pooped and more than ready for home! It was bliss to get in, have a Vodka and tonic and relax before dinner!

No comments: