Thursday 27 July 2017

Sunshine and showers!

It was back to work for me today and I was working with James so I knew I'd be out and about doing deliveries while he stayed in the shop.

Sophie had a driving lesson at 9.30am and then she was off to work as well, plus Mike was doing a shift in the afternoon, which was great. Every little helps! He seems to be enjoying this job much more than working at the pub.

As predicted I did indeed have deliveries to do, both in the morning and in the afternoon. I went off to Brixworth first and then carried on to a pub in Great Doddington. After delivering to another pub in Northampton I went to Kislingbury and then it was back to the shop for lunch.

Just minutes after I got back the heavens opened and we had a huge downpour. The rain was so heavy at one point I thought the roof was going to come in! Luckily, in the afternoon the sun came out and although we had a few spots of rain my large delivery to a farm in Maidford was dry. I had to drive into the farmyard and the thought of squelching about in the mud was not pleasant!

I was at work until 8pm today but we did have some cake and a drop of blackcurrant cider to make the time go by a little more quickly! Also, a woman came in wanting to buy some Rum so we had an impromptu tasting and she bought two bottles, as well a some wine!

I drove home in the evening sunshine and enjoyed a quick drink before dinner. Earlier in the week I'd emailed Virgin to try and book their V-lounge at Gatwick but they had replied to say it was full, which was a bit disappointing. However, we decided to book into the No.1 lounge instead so hopefully that should provide a nice relaxing start to our holiday. I feel we've all earned it!

No comments: