Monday 31 July 2017

Getting ready...

I was up pretty early this morning but Keith had beaten me to it and had been awake since the wee small hours. He is on "tenterhooks" apparently, and is very nervous about our holiday!

Sophie and I had an appointment at the Virgin spa this morning to deal with our unwanted hairy bits so we left at 10.15am while Keith and Mike went to Kettering to get Mike's hair cut. We arrived to find that we weren't booked in at the same time as we thought we were, so I had a forty-five minute wait while Sophie was seen to. It was quite relaxing, and the soothing music was lovely though, so I didn't mind!

I had a half leg wax and it really hurt...and I mean hurt! I had to ask myself...why was I putting myself through this when a razor would have done the job quite nicely! I also had an eyebrow shape which was less painful and then I re-joined my daughter who had been waiting for me. We popped to the Weston Favell centre to go to the bank and then it was time to go home.

I had thought we needn't go back out again today, but we arrived home to find Mike dressed for work as he'd been called in. It's quite ironic that his business depends on good weather while Sophie is reliant on rain!

Back home I mowed the lawn, hoovered the floor in the garage and gave the door a good clean as it was filthy. I also put all of our bedding back and checked the suitcases as Keith had lost some razors. With some other small jobs sorted out, I was busy all afternoon, but we did manage to walk Monty around the estate. I am now in the state of mind where I will miss home but I'm excited about going away. It happens every time!

On the way to collect Mike from work we filled the car up with diesel and returned home to play cards over a drink and some peanuts. It's now dawned on us that tomorrow we're off to the airport so we're all pretty excited!

No comments: