Sunday 16 July 2017

Celebrating!

I was hoping for sun and blue skies today as it was the Wimbledon Men's Final and the British Grand Prix. However, after a hint of blue just after I woke up, we had a thick layer of cloud all day, so very disappointing indeed.

I went out and tidied up the front garden while Sophie hoovered for me and then prepared the buffet lunch, which was a great help. Mike came back from his party as I was strimming the verge at the front, looking a little worse for wear, with a friend in tow. He looked very surprised when I mentioned that my parents were coming for lunch as it's their anniversary today!

At midday Sophie opened the bottle of Louis Roederer Champagne she'd bought yesterday and we had a little toast to ourselves and all things sporting! It was delicious and a real treat to enjoy a couple of glasses. We watched the Grand Prix until my parents arrived at 2pm and then switched over to the tennis.

Our buffet lunch was delicious and we enjoyed a glass of two of wine with it. The tennis was a bit disappointing as well and at one point I thought Cilic was going to retire with an injury. He battled on, though, and the match lasted about two hours, certainly not like the marathon games we've enjoyed in the past!

We heard that Lewis Hamilton had won the Grand Prix and for the rest of the afternoon we enjoyed the Tour de France where it looked hot and hilly. My parents left at around 5pm and we all settled down to a bit of a snooze and a lazy evening!

No comments: