Saturday 29 July 2017

Last day!

So my last day at work has arrived and the huge sense of relief I thought I would feel didn't materialise. If the hours weren't so long I would definitely have stayed as there were lots of aspects of the job that I really enjoyed. I loved chatting to customers, tasting new wines and even liked being out in the van delivering whilst listening to Ken Bruce and Jeremy Vine on Radio 2!

Sophie was also at work today and we called into the Co-op at Moulton as she wanted a coffee and a pastry. My lovely daughter bought me a Latte and a gooey chocolate pastry as well!

As soon as I got into work I bought a bottle of Louis Roederer Champagne and put it in the fridge to chill. I then went to Lidl to buy some nibbles and when I returned Jonathan went out in the van to do the three deliveries we had today.

We were fairly busy but the weather has been disappointing today with more heavy grey clouds and an absence of the sun. When Jonathan returned we opened the Champagne and my two colleagues presented me with a bottle of Black Cow Milk Vodka and a pack of Fever Tree tonic...I was completely overwhelmed and surprised!


We enjoyed the Champagne and ate the nibbles and then it was back to work serving some lovely customers who come into the store and enjoy their wine buying as a social event. I will really miss that.

All too soon it was 5pm and I bought six wines that had been my favourites - three bottles of The Ned Pinot Grigio, two bottles of Porta 6 and a bottle of French Carignan. James helped me out to the car with them and then it was home, briefly, before Keith and I went to pick up Sophie from work.

After dinner Keith, Sophie and I watched Blue Hawaii with Elvis Presley. It was great!


No comments: