Monday 3 July 2017

Return of the parents...

Keith went for a walk this morning while I took Sophie to work. He is feeling much better now and the pain that he was experiencing has gone, which is a huge relief.

I returned home and did some little jobs before tackling the housework downstairs. The conservatory was full of dead flies, as usual, and I did feel better when I had finished. Hopefully, Sophie will hoover upstairs tomorrow or Wednesday as Maureen will be back this week and she won't be working so many hours. It's my turn now!

Mike was off to see friends in Brixworth so we dropped him off, popped to the Co-op to get Mum and Dad some essentials and then went to collect Sophie. As we turned into our estate we got behind a huge red lorry that was making a delivery. How he had been directed onto our narrow road is a mystery and he wasn't at all happy! He parked outside our house (of all places) so Keith helped him find the house he needed! He managed to tear up bushes and grass verges as he went on his merry way and I just hope he managed to get his huge vehicle out again!

Keith and I went over to Mum's to pick up their car and we watered the garden for one last time. I'd decided to leave at about 5pm as their flight was due to land at 6pm and I didn't want to spend too long in the car park...the charges were astronomical!

Sophie and I went down to pick up my parents while Keith stayed at home. We had a really good journey down to Heathrow's terminal 5 and arrived just after my parents landed. Sophie treated me to a milkshake at Caffe Nero and before we knew it my parents were walking through the arrivals door.

They looked very tanned but hadn't had a very good holiday, unfortunately. My uncle's way of life is very different to that of my parents and my Dad was marooned without a car so they had to rely on him all the time, which they found very frustrating. I think they were extremely glad to be home!

We made good time back along the M25 and M1 and arrived at their house by 8.30pm. We bid them farewell and sped home to a drink and pate with toast. Lovely!

No comments: