Wednesday 5 July 2017

Hot, heavy work!

It felt strange going to work today rather than doing my session at the CAB and I did feel a bit wistful, I have to admit!

Most of today was spent lugging boxes of wine from one area to another as we had three pallets to put away. I'm sure there are better ways of spending my time! We did have a few nice customers in, though, and one woman chatted to me about her narrow boat home and how she was going to sit out on her patio with a glass of wine as soon as she'd finished shopping with us. Lucky thing!

I left at 4pm and took a bottle of The Ned Pinot Grigio with me, on the recommendation of the narrow boat lady. I also popped into Aldi and bought two small bottles of red wine for my Dad as my parents are due around this afternoon to talk about their holiday to Cyprus.

They came around at 5pm, just after I'd had a shower and put fresh clean clothes on. The temperatures today have been very high and it was bliss to get into the shower and wash away all the sweat...not nice!

My parents chatted about the holiday and told Keith that it wasn't the best of experiences! My Mum wasn't drinking so Sophie and I had beer (Brahma and Leffe) while my Dad enjoyed his red wine. They want to go on a holiday to recover from this one, so I suggested a hotel in Puerto Pollensa...it would be ideal!

No comments: