Tuesday 18 July 2017

Making a start...

It was lovely to have another day off, but after this I was looking at a long stretch and would be working right through until next Monday!

Sophie was working this morning so we dropped her off at 9am and I came home to get all my paperwork ready to take into school. I will have to go through strict checks and had to provide loads of information, but I didn't mind as I have nothing to hide and ran a children's play area and nursery for many years!

We dropped the paperwork off at school and then went to Aldi to do some shopping. The weather today is beautiful but very windy - apparently there are storms on their way this evening.

Back home I did a packing list and then started actually packing some toiletries and clothes. Both Keith and I feel a bit excited now, but nervous too. There is so much to think about! We picked Sophie up from work at 1pm and she had a driving lesson at 1.30pm. We followed her out onto the A43 and my heart was in my mouth, but it's something I'll have to get used to!

We went to see Mum and Dad as they had an early anniversary present for us, a beautiful bottle of Cahors wine from 1992, which I thought was wonderful. It was in a lovely presentation box along with some wine accessories, so a really thoughtful and welcome gift. They gave us a card which we'll take to Florida with us and a little heart ornament. We had a cup of tea and a slice of cake with them and then it was time to head back home as I had to go to the school at 4pm to meet the woman who runs the after-school club.

We got on very well and she has three children of her own who attend. There was a lovely atmosphere at the school as the end of term is in sight and some of the staff were moving the library to another room, including my friend Sarah who congratulated me on getting the job. After about an hour of seeing where everything was and running through the plan for next term I drove home to relax with Sophie and Keith.

Tonight I made Jerk Chicken pasta and as usual it was hot and spicy! Keith enjoyed some leftover potatoes, fried with an egg. He's really not a fan of Sophie's favourite dish!

No comments: