Friday 14 July 2017

A couple of purchases...

Today was like the old Thursdays when we went shopping. I hate to have to admit that I miss going which is why we waited until this morning! How sad am I!

Sophie, Keith and I went and did the shop in Aldi and Tesco and had very different experiences in both stores. In Aldi, our purchases were flung down the conveyor belt at top speed making it difficult for the three of us to keep up! In Tesco we went to see our favourite checkout lady and had a great chat with her, which was lovely. What a difference!

Back home we had a quick lunch before Sophie and I ventured into town. I was tasked with getting James the manager a wedding gift and Jonathan had suggested Abraxas as his fiancee does a lot of cooking and baking. We parked in St John's multi-storey, almost on the top floor as it was so busy!

Once I'd bought the gift voucher we had a mooch around the shops and Sophie bought presents for her friend Laura in Lush, where we had an excellent sales assistant to help us. He reminded Sophie of her mate George! He was great! She also bought Laura a bracelet and then we popped into M&S where I tried on a pair of light brown linen trousers and Sophie found a perfect swimsuit.

On the way home we made a detour to enjoy a naughty McFlurry, and then I raked all the leaves in the garden as they were covering the grass. We even had big lumps of bark everywhere too! Once that was done and looking a lot better I went upstairs and Sophie helped me put a colour on my hair. I used a John Frieda product and it was lovely, making my hair feel really soft afterwards, with a great shine. I'll definitely use that one again!

Keith went to the pub and Sophie and I had a couple of hours of catching up on some recorded programmes before it was time to go and collect him and have dinner. It's back to work for both of us tomorrow, but again, I thoroughly enjoyed my day off!

No comments: