Thursday 6 July 2017

I almost get into a pickle...

Sophie had her theory driving test this morning and I was a bit sad I couldn't go with her because when we booked it I wasn't supposed to be working. She and Keith left before me as her appointment was at 10am and she had to be there fifteen minutes before her allotted time.

Afterwards, she popped into work to see me and tell me that she'd passed! I was over the moon and so proud of her! She bought Maureen a bottle of Rum for her birthday and then they left to go shopping. How I wished I was going with them! I can't believe I'm saying that I miss our shopping day!

In the afternoon I went out to do some deliveries and the heat had intensified. It was hovering around the 30c mark so not very pleasant to be once again lugging boxes of wine about and delivering trays of glasses!

I headed out towards Daventry again and visited a couple of villages I'd never been to before. I was completely reliant on the SatNav! My very last delivery was in the village of Kislingbury and I couldn't find the house so I enquired at the local shop. The SatNav will only take you to the postcode but in future I might try and look up the addresses on Google Maps because I nearly got stuck down a very narrow lane that turned out to be a dead end... I had to reverse backwards and I did think that I was never going to get out...I'm not the best at reversing but luckily I managed to turn into a driveway and then back out so I was facing the other way. I found the house, delivered the wine and made a bid for freedom!

Back at the store we were busy with customers and then at 4pm I headed home. On the way I picked up a delivery of clothes from the library in Brixworth and after I'd had a lovely tepid bath, I tried them on. I think I now have enough outfits for Florida and I'm hoping to buy some clothes out there.

We sat and played cards for a while and after dinner, went back out into the garden so I could water the plants and watch bats. A lovely end to a somewhat stressful day!

No comments: