Saturday 15 July 2017

Return of the grey...

I was at work for 10am this morning so dropped Sophie off on my way. It's been a dull, grey day with showers this morning and no sunshine to speak of at all. Horrible!

Jonathan had brought in bacon rolls for us all so we stood around eating them before the first customers arrived. After the first trickle, we had a steady stream of people in all day and the time flew, which was a bonus. James was very happy (or seemed happy) with his voucher and card and we all wished him well for his wedding on Tuesday. Today will be my last day working with him but hopefully I'll return after our holiday to see how he got on!

I was at work until 5pm and before going I bought a bottle of Champagne for Sophie for tomorrow. I was also given two bottles of wine we had won in a regional competition so that was a lovely surprise!

Back home I sat with Keith for half an hour before going back out to collect Sophie. Mike was off to a party in the evening and was going much later than we had thought. We returned with Sophie, had a drink and Keith prepared dinner of Chicken Kiev and he still hadn't been picked up. I was just glad he was getting a lift!

No comments: