Tuesday 31 January 2023

More workplace niggles!

Sophie woke me this morning when I was in the middle of a dream and apparently I made a strange growling noise when I awoke... lovely!

Shirley came in from 10am until 2pm today, and I made sure she was ok logging in, as we have all changed to Windows 10 now, and things are a little different (and annoying). As with Friday, Sara didn't offer to help when she had queries, so Jo, who was sitting behind her, helped out. One of her first calls was a football pitch booking, something she had never done before. 

Sara came to me before the end of my shift and said that on Thursday, Friday, and next Monday and Tuesday, I was looking after the customer service emails, as well as making a start on the moan report. The good thing was that on Monday I was off the phones, so that was a relief! Next week we will start booking the half-term holiday activities so it will be busy, no doubt. Oh, what joy!

This evening, before dinner, Sophie and I looked at Airbnbs in northern France and Belgium, but we didn't see anything we liked at all. We're starting to get a bit worried about this now! Maybe at the weekend, when we're not so busy, we'll have a proper look.

I also suggested to Sophie that we go to London on her actual birthday to see the new "Immersive" Dali experience. It looks fantastic - https://immersive-dali.com/london/ so I'll book that in the morning. We were supposed to be going to London tomorrow, but Sophie had to cancel because of a work training session. It was a good thing, as the train staff are on strike anyway, as well as a lot of other public sector employees, including teachers. I wouldn't mind even a 5% pay rise at the moment, and Keith's workplace pension hasn't been increased for years!

No comments: