Friday 20 January 2023

Catching up!

Work was just as bad today with lots of calls from members, but at least we had another couple of people in to help answer the phones. I was in a meeting in the afternoon to discuss how we could get the staff from different centres together and improve morale. It was an interesting discussion and great to see how other people approached the problem. I suggested people take part in a competition to scale a mountain by counting their steps, which went down well. Sophie had done something very similar at work when they "walked" from Land's End to John O'Groats. Even an activity like housework or gardening can be counted.

It was a huge relief to leave at 4pm and go home to relax. Sophie and I had been invited to Michelle's house this evening for a meal and wine and we were both looking forward to catching up with her and Sue who used to live opposite.

We took a bottle of Pinot Noir and a box of chocolates, and Sue arrived with Champagne! A real treat! Michelle had cooked a veggie chilli served with salad and rice, and the conversation soon turned to our new neighbours. Michelle and Richard had spoken to them when they first moved in, and I recounted the story of the parcel when Keith was eventually forced to take it around to them. As I said before, I don't think they'll be bosom buddies! Sue and I reminisced about the good old days of the Wine Club when we used to meet at each other's houses and have a wonderful evening. I miss those days... our neighbours have changed and I doubt we'll do anything like that again, which is a shame.

After the meal, we moved into the living room and ate the chocolates that we'd brought with us. It was an opportunity to say hello to Richard and Michelle's two cats, Lily and Hector, who are Siamese and a little bit aloof!

It was a lovely evening, and back home Sophie and I relaxed with Keith and told him about our catch-up before bed!

No comments: