Saturday 21 January 2023

Nature's beauty

After a lie-in, we enjoyed coffee and pains au chocolate for breakfast. Sophie didn't go to the gym this morning as she was out with Vikesh and staying at the very posh Falcon Hotel in Castle Ashby overnight. It's alright for some! He picked her up at midday and they headed to Wellingborough for lunch.

I had a job I needed to do today - give the bathroom a thorough scrub as it was long overdue. As I hardly ever use the bathroom I hadn't really noticed how much it needed a deep clean. The plastic strip along the bottom of the shower panel was brown and slimy and there were mould patches along the sealant. Within an hour, I'd sorted it all out with a bottle of trusty bleach and the bathroom was sparkling clean! It smelt lovely, too!

I pootled about for a while and then went to see my parents in the afternoon. I needed them to sign the council documents, so we did that and then we chatted. Their room was lovely and cosy - outside, it was sunny but very cold. This chilly snap is carrying on for longer than I thought, but I much prefer the cold, sunny days.

When I left Mum and Dad the sky was gorgeous - all pinky blues and peaches, and the outlines of the trees were beautiful. I decided to drive home via a single-track road and stop to take photos, but all the laybys were taken up with cars. Other people obviously had the same thought! On days like this, I really feel like the beauty of nature is a gift, and I just wished I'd been out for a walk earlier in the afternoon and taken some photographs.

Back home, Keith was settling down to watch football so I retired upstairs to watch Simon Schama's History of Britain. It was excellent, but I fell asleep! We ordered a Chinese takeaway this evening and the meal was delivered at about 7pm, just as Keith finished watching the football. What brilliant timing!

Our choice of viewing for tonight was The Gray Man, a violent film that Keith enjoyed, but I did not!

No comments: