Wednesday 4 January 2023

Un-deck the halls...

Sophie woke me up this morning when I was in the middle of a dream, so as soon as she'd gone to the gym, I went back to bed for a couple of hours. I didn't feel guilty at all!

Today has been spent taking down the Christmas decorations and cleaning the downstairs of the house. Keith packed the trees away into their boxes and stored them back in the garage while I put all the decorations into gift boxes and stored them in our wardrobe. We have so many beautiful decorations now, and so many of them have happy memories attached. We didn't have long to display the two new ones we bought in Berlin, but it'll be great to see them for Christmas 2023!

As well as cleaning the house I managed to get a lot of boring jobs out of the way, chores that had been waiting for me to tackle for a few days. It's alarming how easy it is to lose track of things that need doing and my new diary was in contact use today as I ticked off things that had to be done.

I managed to have a long, hot bath in the afternoon and lit some candles, so when Sophie arrived home from work, the house was looking lovely, if a little bare. We still have the fairy lights twinkling on the fireplace and the new lights around the wine rack, so there's a little bit of winter cheer!


No comments: