Saturday 28 January 2023

Relaxing!

We had a lovely relaxed start to the weekend with pains au chocolate and coffee for breakfast and a read of the newspapers. Sophie was having lunch with Vikesh in Woburn so she went upstairs to get ready while I pootled about catching up with jobs.

I was going to take some things over to Mum and Dad today but an accident closed the A43 from the Mawsley roundabout to the A14, so I postponed the visit to tomorrow. The accidents on the A43 are getting far too frequent for my liking, and there seems to be something happening nearly every day. It's a terrible road, and I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Keith went to see Sileby play in the afternoon and the match was on! He continuously checks the fixtures page as the games are frequently postponed, but today has been dry and overcast with no frost at all so there was no excuse for the game to be cancelled. Sophie was picked up for her lunch, so I had the house to myself this afternoon which was bliss! I had a long bath and then caught up with the people featured in A New Life in the Sun.

Sophie returned home at about 5pm and had been to Nonna's restaurant in Woburn Sands. The manager of the restaurant used to be a waiter at Las Iguanas in Milton Keynes, and she's had a bit of a crush on him ever since he served us dinner when it was her birthday years ago. She said there was a fair amount of eye contact when he served them today and I do think she's very keen on him, despite seeing Vikesh! She brought home two bottles of wine for us to try that she'd bought in a shop in Woburn - an Italian red and a Picpoul de Pinet white - and some jams that Vikesh's family didn't want. What a lovely haul!

Keith returned from football looking half-frozen, and Sophie and I played Scrabble. She made me a couple of delicious Negronis and we nibbled on the contents of my Italian deli box from M&S. The nuts and cheesy bites were gorgeous. We had a very light supper this evening and enjoyed toast and paté before settling down to watch the excellent film, Where The Crawdads Sing. I'd wanted to see it when it came out in cinemas, but it was great on the small screen nonetheless!


No comments: