Tuesday 10 January 2023

Meal mishap!

One of my morning treats, before work, is to watch A New Life in the Sun with my coffee. I have half an hour to ease into the day and this certainly helps! Imagine my delight when I saw L'Escala featured on a new episode! I texted Sophie to let her know and said we'd watch it tonight when she got home.

Work was fine, and I'm enjoying my new noise-cancelling headphones. They don't drown out all the noise but they do cut down on it a bit, which helps! I was kept busy with cancellation emails, and putting on some new activities, so the time passed quickly. I received another two calls from the council but was unable to call back so I'm just hoping that they'll catch me tomorrow when I'm not at work.

When Sophie came home we had a glass of red wine and watched A New Life in the Sun. The couple who have moved to L'Escala are running a bridal outfit/art shop next to where Sophie bought some jewellery, right on the seafront in a lovely area of the town. We recognised the shop immediately! It was lovely to see aerial shots of the resort, and it brought back some great memories of last year!

Keith was cooking beef stroganoff this evening and unfortunately, he burnt the meat, onions and mushrooms in our wok. We could smell it as he was cooking so we knew what to expect when we sat down for dinner. I couldn't eat the meal as it tasted of cigarette ends, and he was very apologetic. I just ate some garlic bread and drank some red wine, but it was a real shame, especially as we were looking forward to the meal, as normally it's one of his signature dishes!

After the meal, he disappeared upstairs to watch Newcastle play and Sophie and I indulged in another episode of A New Life in the Sun. I did envy the people who had moved, and admired them for making that big step!

No comments: