Monday 9 January 2023

Making plans.

The mad rush of calls that we normally get in January doesn't seem to have happened this year, which is slightly worrying. I managed to complete the December moan report in one day as we didn't have that many complaints in the lead-up to Christmas. Probably because everyone was busy with the festive season! 

My phone rang twice today, and when I left work I listened to a voicemail message from somebody at the council, so the wheels have been set in motion regarding the ongoing care for my parents, and the payment for it. I still have a sense of disbelief about what's happened to them over the last three years, and I sometimes yearn to turn the clock back to 2019 when they were in their own home and living independently. It still feels like an ongoing nightmare, and I know I'll never come to terms with what's happened.

At home, I prepared the vegetables for tonight's meal of chicken fajitas. Before Sophie started cooking this evening, we talked about her birthday, and we're now looking at going to the Alsace region of France and driving through Belgium and Luxembourg. Keith and I went years ago before the children arrived, and it's gorgeous, with a wonderful mix of German and French, so the best of both worlds! We have both booked holiday at work so now we need to decide where to stay! It will be something lovely to look forward to!

No comments: