Monday 23 January 2023

Helping out.

At work, I was off the phone today and helping Shirley, our new member of staff. She sat at the desk opposite me, and I was able to help with the queries she received. As well as that, I dealt with customer service emails and orders. The time passed very quickly! 

I didn't think the phones were busy today, and thankfully the problem we had last week with the memberships seems to have been sorted out. At 4pm I visited the post office in Moulton to send off the council documents by tracked first-class post. It cost over £7!

Sophie cooked a delicious dinner this evening - chicken in a black bean sauce with rice. It was so yummy that she had hardly any left over for her lunch tomorrow! 

Keith went upstairs to watch football after we'd eaten, and Sophie went to have a bath, so I settled down on my own to watch Simon Schama's History of Britain again, the bits I'd missed on Saturday when I fell asleep! I also watched the next episode which dealt with the Norman invasion and William the Conqueror. I always wonder what these famous men of history were really like? Tall, short, fat, thin, good-looking or ugly? They must have been formidable to lead their armies the way they did, and I would love to go back in time for just one day and experience what it was like. It would definitely have been smelly!


No comments: