Friday 13 January 2023

So glad it's Friday!

The promised films arrived today so I was able to put them onto the system for two weeks' time. One of them is A Man Called Otto, starring Tom Hanks, and I remember reading the book the film is based on, A Man Called Ove, which was set in Sweden. There was a Swedish film based on the novel, so why the need for another? It's like the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo! The original was brilliant, but they did another, starring Daniel Craig!

Anyway, that kept me busy for a while and we had far more phone calls today so the time flew by. It was great to escape at 4pm and look forward to my Birthday weekend!

At home, Sophie and I opened a bottle of red wine and Keith went off to the pub to see John. We watched two episodes of A New Life in the Sun and enjoyed chilli con Carne with baked potatoes. A lovely easy supper for a Friday night!

No comments: