Thursday 26 January 2023

Celebrating by text!

It was Mike's 23rd birthday today, and I'd sent him a Moonpig card with photos on the front of him out celebrating. I texted him to wish him a lovely day and said we were looking forward to seeing him next week. I will bake a cake and make his favourite meal, Jerk Chicken pasta.

I worked from 8am until 2pm today and tackled as many customer service emails as possible, as well as processing orders, so I was busy and the time flew by. At 2pm I dashed home, chatted with Keith for ten minutes, and then drove to see Mum. When she came out of the care home, she said she didn't feel very well, so we decided to stay inside and not go out as planned. She said she felt a little dizzy, and had had her hair done earlier so maybe she'd strained her neck. She has suffered from neck pain for a long time, like me, and being pulled about by the hairdresser probably didn't help!

We sat and chatted in the room which was lovely, and they both gave me a list of things they wanted. I left at 4pm and drove home, noticing that it's definitely getting lighter in the evenings now. 

Sophie cooked dinner tonight - cheeseburgers served with long-stem broccoli, asparagus and corn on the cob. We also ate chunky oven chips, something we haven't had for a while, and they were delicious. Apparently, air fryers are all the rage at the moment and we used to have one, but it never cooked anything really well, and certainly not as crispy as we'd have liked! Maybe it's time we started cooking with it... that's if I can find it in the garage where we stored it!

No comments: