Sunday 29 January 2023

A good clear out!

Sophie went to the gym this morning to take part in two yoga classes, and Keith and I drove over to see Mum and Dad and take them some shopping. On the way back home, I noticed the merest hint of Spring in the air, which was probably premature, but it inspired me to start clearing the garage out while Keith made me some toast.

We have to try and get three cars on the drive at the end of February, so we made an effort to clear out the first bit of the garage. We threw out many, many tubs of plastic which had held fat snax for the birds, old shoes and boots, some metal grills from the old oven, the old blind from our bedroom and lots more. I even put an old metal barrel into the back of the car that Mike had brought home one drunken night!

When Sophie returned home and had eaten some lunch, she went to the tip (or recycling centre) with me. We managed to recycle most of the stuff we'd taken, but they wouldn't take the barrel, and they had to fill out a refusal form, and take my car registration number. I was a bit mystified until I realised they were probably doing this in case we drove down the road and fly-tipped the barrel in a hedge!

I carried on cleaning the garage and we hoovered up all the leaves that had blown in and gave the fridge a good clean. It looked so much better when I'd finished. I suggested to Keith that we get rid of both the fridges in the garage (one is turned off anyway) as we can certainly cope with the one we have in the kitchen, as all we do is store bottles of water, milk and beer in the old one. This would give us a lot more room, and we could move some of the storage to the back of the garage. He agreed and said that once we get a warmish Spring day we'd spend all day sorting it out, and also get rid of some of Mum and Dad's stuff as well.

Sophie was cooking sausage risotto this evening so she prepped all the ingredients and I had another soak in the bath. Although today has been sunny and dry, there's been a nasty cold wind blowing, lowering the temperature considerably.

We played Scrabble again and Sophie beat me for the second time this weekend. Grrr! She made dinner which was delicious and plentiful, enough for us to take some for our lunch tomorrow!

Keith and I watched Vera after dinner but left the last half hour to watch tomorrow as it's work tomorrow and I have to be up early. The weekends go too fast!


No comments: