Saturday 14 January 2023

Pre-Birthday celebrations!

Sophie went to the gym this morning for her yoga classes, and I sorted out some paperwork and managed to complete a couple of jobs that needed doing. I printed the financial forms for Mum and Dad, but I'll deal with them on Wednesday when I have more time!

Keith and I enjoyed pains au chocolat for breakfast, and between us, we prepared the vegetables for dinner. The weather today has been wet and windy, so perfect for settling down and looking at Airbnb places for our forthcoming trip in April. I found a couple of promising houses, and when Sophie returned we booked a flat in Colmar for three nights. From here we can drive into Germany and even Switzerland! 
We still need to book a place for the night on the way there, and on the way back, but it's deciding where to stop! It was lovely to get our map of France out and look at the different areas. We had looked at places in Luxembourg but we're also thinking of Belgium as our outward ferry is from Dover to Dunkirk, so a different route from the one we took last year. 

In the afternoon we collected Mum and drove to Tesco at Kettering. Mum treated me to a bottle of Bourbon for my birthday, and I treated myself to a bottle of Gin and a bottle of Campari to make Negronis this evening. We drove over to Costa on the other side of the retail park and had a coffee there before taking Mum back, saying hello to my Dad, and heading home.

Keith was cooking dinner this evening, so Sophie and I played Scrabble and drank cocktails. A perfect pre-Birthday evening! I had two Negronis and Sophie enjoyed Manhattans. They were delicious!

My Negroni

We ate a beefy casserole with dumplings and loads of vegetables for dinner, and then I elected to watch A Knight's Tale starring two of my favourite actors, Rufus Sewell and James Purefoy. Scrumptious!

No comments: