Wednesday 25 January 2023

Another exciting day off...

Sophie's car was booked in for its MOT today, so we left home at 8am, dropped it off at the garage at Moulton and carried on down to Brackmills. I was astounded at the amount of traffic on the road, and the new dual carriageway was jammed with cars right up until the roundabout. It hasn't made much difference, then!

We made it to CafĂ© 900 in time for a sausage bap and a coffee, before taking Sophie to work.  Back home I called Mum to postpone our visit this afternoon, as I didn't know when the car would be ready, so we arranged to see each other tomorrow instead. 

I wish I could say that my day off was exciting, but it wasn't! I busied myself with housework and gave the en-suite bathroom a really good scrub, using my trusty bleach to get rid of the mould on the sealant, and cleaned out the drain which was clogged with hair... lovely! It needed doing but I do sometimes yearn to do something fun on my day off! Sophie has booked to go back to the Phi clinic in London on the 22 February so that's something to look forward to, and I've seen an "immersive" exhibition of Dali's work which we both want to go to, and which looks brilliant!

The day wore on and there was no phone call from the garage, which wasn't good news. When they did call in the mid-afternoon, they said that they had to replace one of the tyres and the engine management system was playing up, but it would be ready before 5pm.

I  prepared dinner for this evening - our favourite ham and chicken tangle pie, and just as I finished, the garage called to say little ET was ready. Keith and I drove to Moulton to collect it and told Sophie the bill was £140. She was furious, and I said to her that maybe it was time to look for something else now! I drove to Brackmills to get her and then we braved the heavy traffic back home. How she does this journey every night, I'll never know!

It was lovely to relax with a drink once we were home and after we'd chatted for half an hour, I finished dinner by adding the filo pastry top and popping it into the oven. As always, it was delicious!


No comments: