Thursday 12 January 2023

A busy Thursday

To be honest, it was a relief to go back to work today and be busy! I was dealing with customer service emails, some of which were quite moany because the situation with our swimming lessons has not improved. I was also hoping to get an email from our Marketing manager with more films as we don't have any more available after this week!

At 2pm I sped off to collect Mum and took her to have her nails done. While I was waiting, I scrolled through loads of photos of Monty as I want to have one printed and framed. Over the years both Sophie and I have taken loads of him, so there was plenty to choose from!

Mum's nails were done by 4pm so we headed back and I was pleased that it was still light. The last time we drove back it was dark! The nights are getting a bit lighter now, and I'm looking forward to when Sophie's driving back in daylight.

In the evening, Sophie and I looked at Airbnb places in Alsace. We've decided to stay in Colmar which is a gorgeous town and very near to the border with Germany. We have cancelled our planned trip to California in September and the money we received back will partly fund this next trip. Bring it on!

No comments: