Sunday 1 January 2023

Hello 2023!

Today has been spent quietly and we decided not to make our annual trip out for the day due to our recent arrival from Berlin. I still had some washing and a pile of ironing to tackle! I also wanted to get up to date with this blog - the 14th year of writing it! That's 14 novels worth of words!

We had a pleasant, sunny morning but in the afternoon it clouded over and became more grey and gloomy. I have this silly theory that New Year's Day shapes the rest of the year, but I'm going to try and ignore this! Last year, we stayed in all day, picked Sophie up from the station as she'd been out with Zain, and then took her out for dinner in the evening. Little did we know that she was harbouring covid!

And talking of which, the last place I want to be at the moment is in hospital because of rising rates of flu, covid and scarlet fever. I still have a niggling cough but thankfully it didn't materialise into anything else, like a heavy cold. With so much contact in the last week with strangers, I'll be delighted if we don't get a lurgy!

In the afternoon Sophie and I went over to see Mum and Dad, took them some chocolates and had a good natter for over an hour. They were interested to hear all about our trip and it was great to see them again.

Back home we played Scrabble and Sophie beat me twice... We had a very simple dinner - the prawn cocktail we should have had yesterday and Sophie discovered a creamy pasta dish in the freezer that she enjoyed. She was over the moon she'd found it!

I had a bit of the Sunday evening blues tonight. I'm back at work tomorrow, but thankfully it's a shorter shift, so that's some consolation!

No comments: