Friday 27 January 2023

A somewhat trying day!

Work today was not pleasant. Shirley was working with us, but it was only her third full day answering the phones so she needed a lot of help, which is understandable, but Sara seemed very reluctant to sit with her.

She wanted me to tackle the cancellation and customer service emails again, but I still had films to put on, as well as the crash courses, which are bookable from next Sunday... She wasn't happy when I said I would do as much as possible, but Sheila was also busy. I felt pulled in all directions! Kathy and I were answering phones, and there was no way we could do that as well as help Shirley, so Sara had to help out. She was writing up minutes from a meeting but gave up because she said there were too many interruptions... I also gave up on the crash courses, telling Sheila I'd put them onto the system on Monday morning before 10am. I also had lots of customers with heavy accents today, so that was a little frustrating. Sometimes, I think it's time to look for something different and do a job where I don't have to answer the phone!

So, as usual, on a Friday, it was a huge relief to leave at 4pm and go home. I walked out with Shirley and assured her that she'd done well and that I felt she'd been left to cope on her own, which shouldn't have been the case. She had also had some tricky calls, poor thing, and this can happen multiple times during a normal shift!

Sophie and I had a relaxed evening drinking wine and watching the film, "Don't Worry Darling" starring Harry Styles and Florence Pugh. It was strange but very enjoyable! I did say, though, that his singing is better than his acting!


No comments: