Thursday 31 March 2022

Mrs Forgetful!

My covid test was still positive this morning but the line was extremely faint, and I could just about see it. Keith's, on the other hand, was strong so he's probably right in the middle of it now.

I went back to bed after I saw Sophie off to the gym and had a lie-in. After getting up, having a coffee and showering, I gathered up our shopping bags and set off for Kettering. I had an extensive list with me and wanted to get some treats for Sophie as well. I phoned my Mum, who didn't sound well at all either and asked about her gift to Sophie, which I said I would sort out.

I did pretty well in Aldi and managed to get everything I needed. When I emerged from the store the sky had gone very dark and before I made it to Tesco, it started to snow! Well, the forecast was certainly right!

I bought some treats (not saying what, as Sophie reads this blog every day!) and the rest of the shopping. The bill was a bit higher than I'd expected and then I realised I'd forgotten to use my Clubcard... what an idiot! I am obviously not cut out for shopping! Keith would never do that! Luckily, the very kind member of staff on the customer service desk sorted it all out for me and refunded me some money!

I was going to try and get some diesel before going home but Tesco didn't have any. This was a bit worrying because they didn't have any on Monday when Keith went, and Sophie said the Shell garage at Moulton didn't have any yesterday... I do hope we're not facing another fuel shortage?

Back home Keith helped me put everything away and then asked where the paella rice was for tonight's meal? And the flour? And tissues? I had forgotten them all, even though they were on the list! Duh! I had a quick sandwich and decided to pop to Jones's, and then Waitrose on the way home.

The afternoon has been very wintry with sleet and snow showers lasting well into the evening. It's also been bitterly cold. Were Sophie and I really sitting out in the sunshine last week in London?

Keith came with me, to get out of the house, and I managed to buy some more treats in Jones's to make Sophie's birthday special. Her last two birthdays have been in lockdown, so I'm determined for her to have a good 26th celebration this year!

I found the paella rice in Waitrose as well as a bag of flour, and we headed home, one minute in brilliant sunshine, the other under dark skies and swirling snow! I hoovered the house and between us, Keith and I prepared the meat and vegetables for this evening's paella, cooked by Sophie. Just before she started she realised I hadn't bought the dry paella mix that we normally use, so that was something else I'd forgotten! However, we didn't need it! Sophie made up a mix of chicken stock, paprika and tomato puree and the meal was the best ever!




No comments: