Monday 14 March 2022

Little annoyances!

We had seen signs saying the road between our estate and Walgrave was closed, but I'd forgotten about it today. I was able to go to work the normal way, but on my return, I had to make a detour, which made me mad. I arrived home in a foul mood much to the amusement of Keith!

To make things worse, there were barriers across the lefthand side of the road at the crossroads in Walgrave, and as I attempted to turn left, there were two cars coming down the road so there was nowhere for me to go. I turned around and tried again, and after driving up to the roadblock, I was forced to drive down Newlands road where the potholes were so deep you could lose a car in them! Of course, I met two cars coming the other way, and as it's a single lane narrow track, it was a real balancing act not to drive into one of the potholes to avoid them!

I texted Sophie when I got home and warned her about the closure. She decided to head straight along the A43 to the Mawsley turn and come in that way, which is a long diversion! This closure is on all week, so it will be a real pain! Apparently, it's for repairs to the narrow bridge just outside Walgrave so let's hope there's an improvement when it re-opens!

Keith and I cooked liver and bacon for dinner tonight, and we had the top half of our back door open to eliminate the cooking smells. I honestly can't wait until the temperatures rise and we can have the door open the whole time. I have found my clothes smell of cooking a bit now that we sit in there before dinner, so any fresh air will be a bonus!



No comments: