Thursday 24 March 2022

A wasted trip...

I was back at work today, working from 8am until 2pm and looking after the customer service emails for Sara. The shift passed by very quickly, and in the afternoon Keith and I ventured over to Market Harborough as I wanted to collect my wedding and engagement rings that had been re-sized for me. 

On the way over I did wonder whether I should have called ahead to make sure they were open, but it was a Thursday afternoon and about 3pm so why wouldn't they be? We parked in the car park near the market and walked into town, but imagine my annoyance to find that the shop was closed, with no reason why just an apology taped onto the door! What a wasted trip!

I wanted to get my Mum a gift for Mother's Day so we drove the short distance to Farndon Fields and I bought her a lovely flowering pot and some chocolate, as well as a box of macarons for Sophie to say thank you for yesterday.

It's been another gorgeous day today with warm temperatures and sunny skies. I could get used to this! Back home I pottered about and was a bit worried about a dry cough I'd developed... had I picked up something in London yesterday?

By the time it was evening, I was also stuffed up and definitely feeling like I was coming down with a cold... uh oh!

No comments: