Wednesday 2 March 2022

A bit of shopping...

I had to take Mum to her GP surgery today for blood tests and an ECG. The weather has been truly horrible all day with lashing rain and a cold wind. What a difference from last weekend!

I had to park near Lidl and we dashed over in the rain to the surgery. We were all done and out by 11am so we drove to Tesco to return some clothes that she'd bought, and then enjoyed a coffee in Costa. After a little bit of shopping, I dropped her back and returned home where Keith was waiting for me. This afternoon, we'd decided to go and buy a mattress for the spare bed, and I was hoping we'd get it without any fuss!

We drove to the St James retail park and popped into an empty Dreams store. One of the salesmen approached and after a bit of information about the different mattresses available, and trying them out, we bought one! It will be delivered next Tuesday which I thought was great, as sometimes there's a delay in actually getting it as they never seem to have anything in stock. 

From Dreams, we crossed the road and popped into B&Q to get some white matt paint for the kitchen. I had noticed that it had flaked off on the corner of the wall so I bought a tester pot to touch it up. I wasn't going to spend a fortune on a big tin when I only needed a tiny bit!

On the way home I fantasised about going to the chip shop and buying a bag of hot, salty chips, but we sensibly went home and I had the paella from yesterday's meal for lunch. A much better choice, but one Wednesday I'm going to call and get them!

The afternoon was spent cleaning downstairs and then I had a short nap. Sophie had woken me a bit later this morning as she was starting work at 10am but I still felt sleepy! I really feel like I could lay around a pool and sleep for two weeks solid, at the moment!

Sophie was late home tonight and I warned about a monster pothole that's on the side of the road leading from the A43 down to Holcot. It was so bad it had even made it to our neighbourhood Facebook page and I reported it this morning before I took Mum out. When Keith and I returned home this afternoon there was a car having its tyre changed just past the pothole, and Sophie told me she saw three cars by the side of the road. It's lethal! 


No comments: