Monday 21 March 2022

Deep thoughts!

We had the most beautiful sunrise this morning - it's such a treat to be driving into work with the sun coming up!

I had a moment of deep thinking as I drove in this morning... I was surrounded by cars at a busy roundabout, and I realised that everyone around me had survived covid and had come out of the pandemic alive...  That got me thinking about our origins and something I always find deeply miraculous, that all the way down the ages, from the very beginning of time, our ancestors survived so we would be born and walking around on the planet today!

I had started watching a programme on Saturday about some of the catastrophic events that had happened over the last few thousand years, and how if one of my ancestors hadn't survived or had children I wouldn't exist today. They had a lot to contend with - plague, famine, wars, natural disasters, dying in childbirth, the list goes on... Just one tiny break in that great long chain, and that would have been it!

Anyway, it does make me try and appreciate each day, and try and make the most of it!

Work was fine today, and things have definitely been quieter than of late. This may change next week when we start taking bookings for the Easter holidays, but let's make the most of it while we can!

No comments: