Wednesday 16 March 2022

Day off?

The weather today has been atrocious with constant, never-ending rain and grey skies. Where has Spring gone?

I have to confess to going back to bed after I saw Sophie off to the gym, and woke up at 8.30am feeling refreshed and ready for the day. I had to go to a meeting at work this morning and Keith kindly offered to drive me in case there was no parking. The meeting was about how the Trust was doing and the fact that we are now a "well-being" organisation, rather than a leisure organisation...

The meeting went on until 11.30am with all of our top management giving a speech and Sara asked me to stay back for a few minutes as there was a new job that needed doing. I was going to share it with Louiza, and we had to transfer all of our employees' names and the job roles they did onto a spreadsheet so we could create WhatsApp groups. Sara wanted me to do the job tomorrow when I was in for six hours which was fine with me!

Before going home Keith and I popped to the garage in Moulton to book my car in for a service, in readiness for our trip to France in a couple of weeks. We booked it in, I called into the Shell garage to get something for lunch and we went home, sloshing our way through the rain-soaked roads!

I had been hoping to get out into the garden today to clear up the branches we'd cut down, but there was no question of that with the weather. I spent the afternoon doing some research on my family tree and prepared the dinner, while Keith watched the Cheltenham Festival and tried to have a couple of winners!

The road is still closed so Sophie gave in and came home via Newlands. I dread to think what the road was like with all the rain we've had today!




No comments: