Friday 11 March 2022

Wine Night and Bingo!

I managed to get a lot done at work today, which I was pleased about! Keith drove me in again and I was facing a nice, long eight-hour shift! I put a load of new films onto the system, and managed to clear the customer service email box, as well as do some orders, so the time flew by! We were busy with phone calls as well, but it didn't seem as bad as last week. The weather forecast for this weekend isn't bad, so that might have had something to do with it.

Tonight, Sophie and I had bought tickets to a Chilli and Bingo evening at the village hall. Neither of us really fancied it, and the weather just before we left was horrendous, but we went anyway, and I'm so glad we did as we had a brilliant time!

Keith had to make his own way to the pub tonight, and Sophie drove us to the village, managing to find the last parking space in the small car park. People had already arrived and when we went in Lynn and Sonal were there welcoming everyone and handing out books of eight bingo games. Lynn wanted us to sit at her table which was lovely. I had wanted to arrive early so we didn't have to try and find seats on our own, so this was a bonus!

We found our table and Sophie went to buy a bottle of wine. I discovered I hadn't got one single pen in my bag so I bought two dabbers for us to use. Sophie bought back a bottle of Tempranillo which was deliciously fruity and very easy to drink!

The bingo started at 7.30pm and we had a few games before the chilli was served at 8pm. We also bought some raffle tickets from the Silver Fox (a man I've known for ages who has quite the reputation in the village! However, he does raise a lot of money for Homestart, our local charity, so he's forgiven!).

Sophie and I didn't have any luck with the bingo but two people on our table did and won Prosecco, chocolates and white wine! One of them very kindly gave us a bottle of fizz as he'd won two! We had no luck with the raffle but at least we all raised a lot of money and had a fantastic time in the process!





No comments: