Tuesday 29 March 2022

Keith gets it!

Keith woke up this morning feeling terrible and, as I'd guessed, tested positive for covid. He had a faint line, but it was there nonetheless. This meant I could call the doctor's surgery and ask for some help for him. We arranged a telephone appointment for late morning, and the GP has arranged for an oxygen monitor for him, as well as a course of antibiotics if the cough goes onto his chest, which it has always done in the past. 

I felt fine again today but had a strong, red wine coloured line on my own test. It's looking likely I will be off all week as I need two negative tests to return. However, I am worried about Keith and would rather be at home to make sure he's OK. Although the loan of the oxygen monitor is a good thing, I would be very worried if his levels were lower than they should be.

The weather turned today and the blue skies and sunshine of the last few days have been replaced with grey skies and much cooler temperatures. Neither of us ventured out at all, and I spent the afternoon transferring more of my 2014 blog onto a word document. At least something good may come out of this!

Sophie left work a little early and called into Brixworth on her way home to pick up the oxygen monitor and the antibiotics. She had been very worried as well, and I'm so thankful all of us have had our vaccinations and the booster jab. It's such a shame as Keith was due to get his fourth booster in just over a week's time, but now he will have to wait another four weeks.

Before preparing dinner, we all sat at the kitchen island and took Keith's oxygen readings. They hovered between 97% and 98% which was excellent. One less thing to worry about!

No comments: