Friday 18 March 2022

Road rage!

I was hoping for a quiet end to the week and this is what I received! Hooray! There were only three of us in the office today so it was lovely and calm, and the phones weren't too busy, so I managed to get the job done that Sara had given me. If only all Fridays were like this!

I had been hoping that the road would re-open today but I was disappointed. I had to go along Newlands, closely followed by a large Range Rover, and halfway along we met an oncoming car. I pulled over as best as I could considering the state of the verges - deep potholes and very muddy - but the Range Rover behind me just stayed in the middle of the road! The man in the car approaching looked really angry and as he drew up alongside me, he said I was fine, it was the idiot behind that was the problem! They had no choice but to back up so he could get through and I said, almost tearfully, that I was fed up with the road being closed. and he wished me a lovely weekend! It seems mad now that I was so upset, but the thought of getting stuck in the mud or doing damage was very real! This road should really only be used by walkers, cyclists or people riding horses, it's so narrow.

When I got home, shortly before Sophie who had also finished at 4pm, I refused to take Keith to the pub. The thought of traversing the road four times after this afternoon was too much! He walked to the entrance of the estate to see if the road signs had been taken away, but they were still there so he had to drive himself!

Sophie and I poured a glass of wine each and settled down to watch a new documentary on Netflix called Bad Vegan about a woman who had been running a successful vegan restaurant in New York until she met a man online... it was very good and kept us glued to the screen!

Keith came home earlier than normal and was not happy. The choice of beers in the pub has lessened and his favourite tipple, Abbot, has been replaced with a much weaker beer. He used to love a couple of pints of beer but is now considering going elsewhere on a Friday night!


No comments: