Wednesday 30 March 2022

Getting through...

The days are beginning to blur into each other at the moment as Keith and I make our way through covid! His test was far more positive this morning, whereas mine is beginning to fade. I think I have got away with it very well, having had no more than a stuffed up nose and an occasional cough. I haven't regained my sense of smell or taste yet, though, but it's not as bad as it was earlier in the week!

I did a lot of laundry and housework today and made sure Keith was drinking plenty of fluids and keeping warm. His oxygen levels have been fine, but he is suffering from a very sore throat and painful ears. I think it's weird how this virus affects people in different ways... how some people didn't even have any symptoms, whereas others have been seriously ill and died of it. If someone gets the flu, the symptoms are fairly common, so why is covid so different?

I finished my 2014 blog today and added the title pages and the chapter page. It runs to over 110,000 words and more than 200 pages! Obviously, 2014 was a busy year!

The weather has been horrible again today and we have snow forecast for Thursday. I am facing the prospect of doing the weekly shop on my own tomorrow, which I am not looking forward to, but needs must! It's an opportunity to sort out some gifts for Sophie as her birthday is next week. We had been hoping so much for a good time in France, but looking at the weather forecast, I don't think we would have been sitting at a beachfront cafe with a beer in the sunshine! It's looking cold and rainy in France next week, so maybe it's a good thing we're not going!


No comments: