Tuesday 1 March 2022

First day of spring

So, the winter is over and it's the first day of meteorological spring! We've managed to get through another winter! Although I'm not complacent, as I've seen some truly awful weather in March and April!

As is usual on a Tuesday, work was noisy but it was soon over and I was heading home, looking forward to a day off tomorrow. It's a lovely feeling knowing I can do what I want on a Wednesday! Sophie cooked paella this evening and it was delicious. There was more than enough left over for lunches tomorrow.

Keith watched the football this evening downstairs, and I went upstairs with Sophie to watch a new drama called The Holiday. I have read the book and it has a very dramatic ending, but I don't remember that much about it, which is good as I enjoyed the first episode. It's set in Malta and I read in the newspaper at the weekend that it was filmed in April and the actors were frozen! No wonder they were all wearing woollies, but it was lovely to see the landscape of the country, and I'm sure I spotted a hotel that Keith and I stayed in years ago, before we had the children!

No comments: