Monday 1 June 2020

Ten weeks and counting...

Day 70

So, it's another new month and it's now been ten weeks since I stopped working and my normal routine from then seems a lifetime ago. I never dreamed I would be away from work for so long - it will be very strange indeed when we all do go back, and I'm sure the changes will be far-reaching.

I spent the morning pottering about and catching up with jobs that needed doing - the weekend was a busy one so there were lots of things that I needed to catch up with! Needless to say the weather has been gorgeous again today but there is a definite change coming mid-week with a drop in temperatures and rain forecast. It will be a shock!

At lunchtime I went over to the Post Office in Brixworth to send a parcel for Sophie. Luckily I didn't have to wait long and bumped into a neighbour for a very quick chat, so that was good! From there I drove to Mum's and we went through some of her paperwork before I headed home to relax. Keith and I played cards in the conservatory and he roundly beat me this time! It was a much more subdued evening as we have all decided to cut out alcohol for a few days!

We had planned on having a barbecue this evening but we oven-cooked the meat instead - Sophie took charge and we had a delicious dinner of pork steaks and burgers served with crushed new potatoes and salad. Keith was very pleased he didn't have to clean the barbecue out!


No comments: