Sunday 28 June 2020

Takeaway Sunday!

Day 97

We had a lovely, lazy start to the day and Keith and I delivered the wheelchair to the care home mid-morning. Back home I had a shower and popped down to Riverside with Sophie as I needed to go to Wilco's and Boots.

We were surprised to see Costa Coffee open but they were only doing takeaway. Sophie and I visited the shops (I bought bird food and decorating materials in Wilco's) and then my daughter treated me to a decaffeinated Flat White before we headed back to the car. Unfortunately only one person could go into the cafe and while I was waiting outside, the heavens opened so I had to dash inside and hide away in the corner! We hung about until the rain stopped and then ran for the car and drank our coffee there. All around us other people were enjoying takeaways as well!

From Riverside we drove to Farndon Fields and this time both of us were allowed in together. It was very quiet and Sophie queued up at the delicatessen counter to buy macarons. We also wanted a sausage roll each but the man in front of Sophie took the last one! How dare he! There was nothing else we fancied for lunch so we drove into Market Harborough in the hope that something would be open!

I managed to park on the side of the road and the town was very, very quiet. Most of the shops were closed but we were lucky to find Aldwinkles open and serving takeaway sandwiches, hot drinks and even jacket potatoes. We ordered two ciabattas from the very friendly staff and took them back to the car with us. The food was delicious and they said they planned to open on Saturday with outside seating. We might just go!

Back home it was time to relax and I had a nap on the sofa! Sophie and I were making dinner tonight - Orange Chicken served with sticky rice so we headed to the kitchen at about 6pm and managed to do all the prep before cooking the meal. As before, it was delicious and the sauce soaked into the rice beautifully! Yum!

No comments: