Tuesday 30 June 2020

Making a start.

Day 99

Unfortunately I had a bad night's sleep and woke up feeling a bit miserable and tired. Keith and I had planned on starting the decorating in our bedroom, and it was very tempting to put if off and mooch about feeling glum but we pressed ahead regardless.

As the existing paint was a bluey/green colour we put a coat of matt white emulsion on first and the wall behind the bed, which had been papered, looked instantly better. I took down the curtains and hand washed them before hanging them out in the garden to dry. They smelt lovely!

As well as painting we thoroughly cleaned the room and when we'd finished Keith cut around the edges of the carpet so we could gloss the skirting boards easily.

The weather today has been grey and cloudy but we did have a little sunshine in the afternoon which cheered things up a bit. I had another difficult conversation on the phone with my Mum but looking at the Care Home's Facebook page I saw a photo of her having her nails done! It can't be all that bad!

I heard from the estate agent today about the second viewing we had yesterday. Annoyingly, the man looking at the house offered £40,000 below the asking price, but was advised this was way too low. He then came in £20,000 lower which I rejected. The house is only four years old and needs nothing doing to it, so I felt wholly justified in saying no, something the estate agent agreed with. How irritating! However, I was pleased he had offered a ridiculous figure as the thought of embarking on the house sale filled me with dread. It was too soon!

After picking Mike up from work I relaxed in the bath and then we played cards in the conservatory. The sky was cloudy again and I wish we had those lovely blue skies from last week back! Did I complain about the heat? I wish I hadn't!

As I was so tired from my lack of sleep I went to bed early and watched the last episode of Little Fires Everywhere. I really enjoyed the series but the ending was left a little open, I thought. Will there be a second series as there was with Big Little Lies, which was taken from a novel? I hope so!

No comments: