Saturday 27 June 2020

Rushing about!

Day 96

Mike had to be at work at 5am this morning - what an early start! Keith took him and then came straight home and went back to bed! I honestly don't blame him!

I had agreed to take Sophie to the train station as she was meeting a friend in London. Mike called at about 8.15am to say he was finished and I had to wake poor Keith up as I wouldn't have had time to pick Mike up and then take Sophie. Phew!

Sophie had bought a mask to wear on the train and I waved her off feeling a bit nervous! It was the first time she'd been on a train in ages, and definitely since lockdown! I returned home and managed to have some breakfast before we had to take Mike into Northampton to see Abbie for the weekend.

No sooner had we got home than we were both back out again because I'd arranged for a wheelchair to be delivered to Mum and Dad's house and, according to Amazon, it was due to arrive within the next hour! As we neared the house we saw an Amazon delivery driver and deduced correctly that the wheelchair had been delivered. Luckily we'd arranged to have it left in their garden shed!

Keith put it together which was easy enough to do and we took it home with us. Tomorrow we'll take it to the care home as they will be out of self-isolation on Monday and my Dad can go out and about in it. That was all the driving about out of the way so I was able to relax, have some lunch and spend the afternoon pootling about. As an indulgence I watched two episodes of Little Fires Everywhere and Sophie messaged me to say she was getting the 6.15pm train home after having a really lovely day.

I drove down to the station to pick her up while Keith stayed home to prepare dinner. She was very bubbly on the way home and had been to London Zoo, Camden Market and Primrose Hill, so she'd had a wonderful day in the capital.

As soon as we got home Keith made me a drink and we had a chat before dinner. Keith had made garlicky croutons to go with our meal of cold meats, new potatoes and salad and very enjoyable it was too!

After we'd eaten we settled down to watch Spectre and I remembered that we'd watched the film on New Year's Eve. I wonder what we would have said back then if we'd known what was going to happen this year? I think I would have been tempted to fly somewhere beautiful and stay there for the whole year!


No comments: