Monday 29 June 2020

A somewhat trying day...

Day 98

Today the weather has been horrible. Gone are the blue skies and warm temperatures to be replaced by a chilly wind, rain and heavy grey clouds.

Keith and I went to Mum and Dad's house first thing as we have a second viewing at lunchtime and I wanted to make sure everything was OK. From there we drove to Aldi and Tesco to get some shopping for the next three days.

I had made an appointment with the care home early this morning to go and see Mum and Dad this afternoon. I'm still not allowed in the building so I had to see them in the garden area and as soon as I arrived I knew it was a mistake, as it was freezing cold and blowing a gale. Mistakenly, I thought we could go into a covered area but we were right out in the open!

A carer brought them both down but my Dad only stayed five minutes as he was too cold. I chatted to my Mum who said she was feeling very unhappy and wanted to go home, the last thing I wanted to hear. As today was her first day out of self-isolation, I urged her to give it a go as there were so many activities taking place and she could meet the other residents. I have no idea what we would do if she insists on going home - it would be the start of another nightmare.

From the care home I went straight to get Mike from work and then it was home to try and relax, although after the conversation I had with my Mum, that wasn't the easiest of things to do. Today should have been the start of the Wimbledon fortnight but it's been cancelled because of the pandemic.

It hasn't been the best of days to be honest and an argument erupted over dinner about, of all things, Michelin starred restaurants! I am honestly considering getting into my car and driving off!


No comments: