Monday 8 June 2020

A new routine...

Day 77

So, another Monday has rolled around again, and I can't believe it's the start of another week.  But more importantly, it's the start of a new routine for us as Mike starts his new job today. Keith was up with him at 5am and of course, I woke up as well. Mike was already up and dressed so that was good news!

Keith came back at 6am and got back into bed, and I don't blame him! I fell asleep again and woke up at about 7am feeling a bit groggy! It's never a good idea to go back into a deep sleep!

I tackled a load of ironing this morning (most of it Mike's clothes) and after lunch I went out into the front garden with the idea of putting down some grass seed. After the rain we've had over the last few days I thought the ground would be moist, but our front verge still resembled a dust bowl! I did what I could and Keith cut back a bush that was doing well on the lower branches but had died at the top! He had to saw it off!

It did look a little better when we'd finished but I was very surprised at how dry the soil was. Maybe we will put down turf in the Autumn when we've had more rain.

Keith and I went to pick Mike up at 3pm as his new hours are 6am until 3.30pm, so quite a long day. He was just coming out of one of the sheds when we arrived and looked hot and dusty but seemed very happy, which was a real bonus. I just hope and pray it stays that way! I said to him that if he does well, and even does some college courses in greens keeping he could go to any golf course in the world!

On the way home we called to see Mum and Binty as I can't remember the last time Mike saw my Mum - back in January for his birthday? He has been coming and going between Abbie's flat in London and her house in Northampton quite a bit this year so he has been absent quite a few times. My Mum was very pleased to see him and they had a lovely cuddle. She still can't get over how tall he is!

Keith and I played cards in the conservatory in the evening and I messaged my work colleagues to try and arrange a meet-up in Abington Park. We all managed to decide on a date and time, which was miraculous so I'm really looking forward to that. I think it's a good idea to meet up before we go back to work as we'll have so much to catch up on!


No comments: