Sunday 31 May 2020

Hot jobs!

Day 69

Keith and I went over to Mum's this morning to collect her shopping list. I wasn't really over the moon about going to Tesco today, but needs must! Luckily, we didn't have to queue and within half an hour we were heading back to drop the shopping off.

We then sped home as we had an appointment with the conservatory roof, something that badly needed doing! Keith and Mike tackled the glass with a mop and the hosepipe while I cleaned the upstairs windows that were also very grubby.

Keith had cleaned a lot of the windowsills and frames yesterday so it didn't take as long as I was expecting. Unfortunately, Keith decided it was a good idea to balance on our rickety bench seat and fell off... I was enjoying a cup of tea at the time and rushed over to help, but luckily he had only suffered a bruised ego. I suppose me yelling at him didn't really help, but the last thing we need at the moment is a broken bone (or worse) and a trip to A&E. This now means we need to replace the bench, as the table in between the two seats is broken!

After the roof had been washed I cleaned all the windows and the framework and it looked lovely - we could actually see through the glass! No doubt, within a few weeks it will look dusty again but at least we have some rain forecast for the middle of the week so that should help. Today has been another scorcher and some cooler temperatures and rain would be welcome! I think this has officially been the driest Spring on record!

After our exertions I had a soak in the bath, and Keith did as well as I think he was feeling a little achy! He might feel worse tomorrow! Dinner this evening was fish burgers and I was a bit under-whelmed, to be honest. They seemed a good idea at the time but I don't think it's a recipe we will go back to in a hurry!

Keith and I watched Moonraker after dinner. We are still pushing ahead with watching every Bond film and I am looking forward to getting to the films made in the 80s - some of the earlier ones have been pretty dire!

No comments: