Friday 5 June 2020

It's Friday!

Day 74

I popped over to Mum's house this morning to weed the gravel in her front garden and make sure the window-sills and porch were lovely and clean. If she gets any viewings within the next few days, it's important to make a good first impression!

I stayed for about an hour while Keith popped to Tesco, and when he returned he looked at the shower tray in their en-suite which needed some attention. The plumber we called to come out and look at the plughole in the sink hasn't been back in touch - he was waiting for a part to arrive but I have a feeling he might not call me again... perhaps the job is too small for him.

Keith and I went home where I had a shower and then sat and relaxed. The phone rang and it was my Mum saying the nosebleed she'd had all morning hadn't stopped and the pharmacy she uses had advised her to call an ambulance and go to A&E! I told her that was the last place she wanted to go at the moment and I said I would go over. I really think at the moment that our ambulance service should be used for emergencies, not nosebleeds!

At Mum's, her nose was bleeding, but not badly at all, and when Binty suggested going to the pharmacy in Tesco I agreed. On the way over, it stopped, so I was relieved, but annoyed that the pharmacy had caused a lot of fuss for nothing. I dropped Mum and Binty off at the entrance to Tesco  and told them to let the staff member on the door know they were heading straight for the chemist. The queue to get into the supermarket stretched all the way to the top of the car park!

Within five minutes they were back out so we went to Aldi to do Mum's shopping, something I had planned to do this afternoon anyway. There was a bit of a queue, but nothing like Tesco, and would you believe it - the two of us could shop together!

Mum doesn't normally shop in Aldi and she was a bit goggle-eyed at the speed with which the checkout lady threw her purchases down the conveyor belt! I said there was no point trying to put it all in bags and that the trick is to bung it all back in the trolley and pack later. I doubt she would have been able to cope though!

I dropped Mum and Binty back home and then returned to my own house where I had lunch. The weather today has been a mixture of sunshine and showers and for the first time we got hit by rain when we were queuing!

When Sophie returned from work we had a glass of wine and played cards in the conservatory, which was very pleasant. Dinner tonight was baked cod fillets and homemade chips served with roasted asparagus. Delicious!

No comments: