Wednesday 17 June 2020

More storms!

Day 86

Sophie was back at work today but I feel she didn't really enjoy her two days off, bless her! I had hoped to do something nice yesterday but we will have to wait until things return to normal.

I felt a bit better this morning as I'd had a  good conversation with my Mum yesterday, who sounded more cheerful which was a relief. Keith and I called around to their house to sort out the timers for the lights and to make sure everything was OK. I received a letter about my Dad's Attendance Allowance which stated he was entitled to receive it every month but they couldn't pay him any money as he was in a care home that was being funded by the county council! I had written on the form that he was moving to a delf-funded one on the 15 June, which they obviously hadn't read!

We drove to Aldi in Kettering and I bought lots of bird food. As soon as I put it on the lawn the starlings arrive and gobble it all up and I had completely run out! All they do if fight and squabble amongst themselves and the noise is tremendous!

As a treat we bought a bottle of Prosecco for tonight because Sophie said yesterday she really fancied a glass. It's been a very warm day again and in the afternoon I went out and put some grass seed down on the front verge which is very patchy. I said I wasn't going to because of the cat but I thought I'd see if it made a difference. Just after I put it down it started to rain and this carried on throughout the afternoon.

We had the mother of all thunderstorms in the evening just before we sat down for dinner. The rain was absolutely torrential again and the thunder rumbled on into the night, so at least I didn't have to water the plants this evening!

No comments: