Wednesday 10 June 2020

Getting things done!

Day 79

The plumber came to Mum's house this morning to sort out the plug in her en-suite sink and although he was half an hour late and I had to chase him up, he was all done in less than fifteen minutes. Keith found some vital paperwork for when we sell the house, so that pleased me, and I sorted some things out for Mum.

We briefly popped home and then headed to Jones's as we needed some bits for the house. It's our first time going to the Wholesaler's since lockdown but when we arrived we learnt that only one person could go in, so we left. How I long for things to be back to normal!

We went to Asda instead, and didn't get half of the things we really needed but I can perhaps pop to Wilco's later in the week. I need bird food again! I chose some lovely bread and chicken breasts for lunch which Sophie and I enjoyed in the conservatory.

The weather today has been a mixture of clouds and heavy downpours so the beautiful sunshine and blue skies of a few weeks ago are a distant memory. On the way to get Mike we had a really heavy shower of rain and the sky looked very ominous!

I sent off some important emails in the afternoon and then went and had a bath and relaxed on the bed afterwards. Keith and I watched Boris Johnson's speech about changes to the lockdown and now single people can form a "social bubble" with one other household. It still seemed slightly confusing to me! The good news is that zoos, safari parks and outdoor cinemas can re-open next week as well as all non-essential shops (we noticed that Next was open yesterday already). Bars, cafes and restaurants still have to wait until early July, though...

We had a notice on our work website today from our new chief saying that we are intending to open in early July as well, so fingers crossed!

Keith and I played cards in the conservatory and then enjoyed baked potatoes and fillings for dinner. Afterwards we watched In Bruges, which was wonderful. How I would love to be there now!

No comments: