Wednesday 3 June 2020

Decisions made...

Day 72

Well, the weather forecast was certainly right today and the lovely blue skies have disappeared to be replaced with heavy grey cloud. Horrible!

I mooched about in the morning catching up with some jobs and felt a bit stressed - I'm certain the weather matches my mood! Mike received an email from the manager at the golf club asking him back for a second interview tomorrow, so that was good news! Keith and I just wished he'd seen it a bit earlier, though, so he could have gone today!

Keith and I went out and posted my Dad's Attendance Allowance form and while we were out, the phone rang and it was his care home to say he had fallen over again while trying, on his own, to get into the wheelchair. This makes me even more reassured that he needs to go into a care home as I seriously think he will end up back in hospital if he falls over at home.

In the afternoon we went over to Mum's and had a cup of tea. It looks set that they'll be going to the care home in Kettering, as a care assessment was done for my dad and they can take him, which is a relief. Before we left we had a call from the estate agent and we confirmed we wanted the house put up for sale. It feels very real now and I'm not sure how my Mum is going to be over the next few weeks when the reality hits.

In the evening Keith and I played cards in the conservatory but there was no blue sky to gaze at. Dinner tonight was a bizarre concoction of grilled meats, new potatoes, roasted veg and noodles. Hmmm! Less said, the better!

4 comments:

WendyAnne said...

Sorry to hear your dad has had another fall and I think you are making the right decision as he will be in the best place to get the care he needs.Sad to see the house is going to have to be sold especially after all the hard work both your parents have put into all the things they have done throughout their lives and all the money they have paid into the system over that time.Good Luck with the house sale and hope it all goes smoothly for you all.Wendyx(From the village on top of the hill)PS Hope Mike does well with the job interview,I spent many happy hours playing in Abington Park as a child x

Janie said...

Hello Wendy! Many thanks for your comments. It will be a terrible wrench selling the house but we have explored every option and we all think it's best. I'm just hoping it all goes to plan as life has a funny way of tripping us up! Mike was told yesterday he was successful so will start work at the golf club on Monday - we are so pleased! Janie xx

WendyAnne said...

Sorry Janie,I must have been having a blonde moment as I got Mikes new place of work mixed up and I remember reading your blog about Mike working at Abington Park last year and would now be working at the golf club and hope all goes well for him and at least it isn’t too far from home.It has been a hard few months for everyone with this virus but must be a nightmare for you and your family having both of your parents unwell at the same time.Hope the house gets sold soon and the wheels moving quickly and doesn’t drag on for too long.Wendyxx

Janie said...

Thank you very much, Wendy! The last few months have indeed been a nightmare - dare I hope that the end may be in sight soon? I loved Mike working at Abington Park as Keith and I used to have a walk there before picking him up, but the golf club is literally ten minutes away and the hours fit in with my job, so all good news! Stay safe and let's hope things return to near normal soon! Xxxx